This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Chex®. The opinions and text are all mine.
It’s time for Christmas and in my home that means baking. Cookies, pies, you name it. Every year my whole family gathers for several days (not all at once) to bake cookies and make treats for the holiday season. One of our annual favorites is our Haystacks, made with Rice and Corn Chex, but this year we’re going to try something new (oh we’re still going to make our haystacks, this is “in addition to,” not “instead of”). I think everyone knows that you can make your own Chex Mix at home (have you ever done it? I have, it is sooo good fresh out of the oven). But you can also make several sweet varieties of Chex Mix like Sugar Cookie made with white vanilla baking chips and Muddy Buddies made with peanut butter and chocolate. Today, though, we are focusing on the Caramel Chocolate Drizzles.
Let’s face it, you had me at Caramel. And Chocolate. Did I mention Caramel? If you want to check out the Sugar Cookie or Muddy Buddy recipes be sure to check out http://www.getthesavings.com/Chex/ for the recipes and to get some amazing coupons and deals on Chex and some of the ingredients (see the full list of deals below the recipe).
So the first stop is off to my local Publix to get some Rice Chex and Corn Chex cereal and some caramel and chocolate chips.
The hubby was nice enough to point out that we had chocolate chips and caramel at home. To which I replied, “Duh. But we’re gonna need more, have you seen the baking list this year? Or the cookie list? Or the treat list?” Those lists seem to get longer every year…
The thing is though, even as those lists get longer, I don’t feel bad adding this one in. It was so easy to make that the hubby could do it. Ok, maybe that’s a bad example, he’s actually not a bad cook. This recipe is so easy my daughter could do it. I mean it’s literally a few minutes with a microwave and some stirring.
And I can tell you that Chex Mix Caramel Chocolate Drizzles are definitely going on the permanent Christmas baking list. Be sure to let us know what is your favorite holiday Chex Mix recipe.
This easy candy snack, made with caramel, chocolate and Chex cereal is outstanding!
- 3 cups Corn Chex cereal
- 3 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 1/2 bag (14-oz size) caramels (about 25)
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In large microwavable bowl, mix cereals.
- In medium microwavable bowl, microwave caramels, butter and milk uncovered on High 2 to 3 minutes, stirring after each minute, until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Pour over cereals; gently stir until evenly coated.
- Microwave on High 2 to 3 minutes, stirring after each minute, until just beginning to brown. Spread on waxed paper to cool.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips uncovered on High about 1 minute (stir after 30 seconds) or until chocolate can be stirred smooth.
- Drizzle over snack.
- Refrigerate until set. Store in airtight container.
- Techniques: For easy drizzling, spoon the melted chocolate into a small food-storage plastic bag. Snip off one tiny bottom corner and squeeze the chocolate over the cereal mixture. Do not, however, let your 7 year old daughter spoon the chocolate into the bag.
- Feel free to dust with some powdered sugar or sprinkles to give it a festive holiday look.
- Makes: 14 servings
Before you head off to your local Publix store (or other grocery store if you don’t live near a Publix) check out these awesome deals at http://www.getthesavings.com/Chex/:
- $1 Off Any 3 Chex Cereals 12-14 oz (12/10 – 1/6)
- BOGO Offer (12/14 – 12/21)
Ingredients on Sale 12/10-1/6:
- $1.00 Off Any 3 Chex Cereals 12-14 oz
- 2 for $6 Ghirardelli® Baking Chips 10-12 oz
- 2 for $5 Smart Balance® Natural Peanut Butter 16 oz
- $1.99 Dizie Crystals® Extra Fine Granulated Sugar 4lb
- 2 for $4.99 Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract 2 oz
- 2 for $5 Ziploc® brand Container 2-4 ct.