Disclosure: This is a sponsored post courtesy of Puritan’s Pride and aimed to keep our readers healthy while traveling this holiday season.
I love this time of year! It is filled with friends and family. Parties and gatherings! As well as traveling here and there and what seems to be everywhere! We are shaking the hands of new friends, hugging old friends, and often eating as we mingle. Hopefully good times are had by all!
If your travels take you far away from home, it is important to take steps to keep yourself healthy while enjoying a holy jolly holiday! ;)
Thankfully, Brooke Alpert, M.S., R.D., C.D.N., of B Nutritious, paid spokesperson for Puritan’s Pride, and author of The Sugar Detox, (Da Capo, 2013) has provided 7 easy to follow tips for healthy holiday travel.
- Keep your body fueled – Hunger can easily make an already stressful situation that much worse. Whether on the road or in an airport, holiday travel often leads to delays, pack a couple healthy snacks to tide you over and keep everyone happy and smiling. Convenience store and airport food often has low nutritional value and is costly; it is recommended that you bring these snacks from home.
- Support Energy Metabolism and Immunity – Holiday travel can easily be defined by two things; increased activities and higher levels of stress. To help your immune system and keep your tummy regular and in the holiday spirit, add a daily probiotic! Puritan’s Pride Probiotic 10 is one suggestions.
- Stretch Your Legs During the Journey – If on a long flight, this is extremely important as sitting for a long period of time can result in blood clots in your legs. It is a good idea to get up and walk through the cabin once an hour or so. If you are unable to do so, move your legs, feet, and ankles regularly while seated.
- Help Your Digestive Health – Festivities during the holidays are known for rich foods, alcoholic drinks, and extra desserts. Unfortunately, such indulgences can take a tool on our bodies and leave us feeling sluggish. Consider adding Puritan’s Pride Herbal Laxative, which contains ingredients that have been traditionally used to gently support regularity.
- Help for Motion Sickness – Do you suffer from motion sickness or nausea while travelling? Ginger Root, common in cooking, may help with the unpleasantness. Taking Puritan’s Pride Ginger Root can help ease an upset stomach.
- Get Enough Sleep – Many of us feel as though we are being pulled left and right during the holidays. We try to fit in a few extra things here and there and often sacrifice sleep as a result. This is a mistake! Most adults should get 7 to 8 hours of sleep each night. Staying well-rested is a great way to counter stress.
- Relax with Tea – The perfect way to unwind after a stressful day of holiday travel is to relax with a cup of Peppermint Tea. Naturally caffeine free Organic Peppermint Tea can be enjoyed either hot or cold and offers numerous health benefits.
Although we are often stretched thin during the holidays, it is important that we take care of ourselves so we will stay healthy mentally and physically. Puritan’s Pride offers great products to keep your holiday merry and bright. So make sure no matter where your holiday travels may take you, that you always have your Puritan’s Pride with you and you’ll be jingling all the way!
About Puritan’s Pride
For over 40 years, Puritan’s Pride has strived to make the highest quality nutritional supplements at the best value possible. The company has remained loyal to their roots, which has proven to be a fantastic business plan as they continue to serve millions of loyal customers. Puritan’s Pride has advanced facilities located throughout the United States where they produced thousands of vitamins, minerals, herbs, and other nutritional supplements. With a focus on high quality standards and good manufacturing practices in food quality standards, Puritan’s Pride will continue to grow and attract new loyal customers for years to come.
Puritan’s Pride: Where to Buy
Would you like to purchase some of the products that we featured today? Puritan’s Pride offers a selection of vitamins, teas, and other products for men, women, children, and even pets! Puritan’s Pride combines great prices, quality products, and natural vitamins. They even offer free shipping every day!
Would you like to stay up to date on all of the amazing deals that Puritan’s Pride offers? Don’t forget to follow them on the social outlets below!
Puritan’s Pride Holiday Travel Giveaway
Would you like to try some of the products featured in today’s article? We are excited to announce that Puritan’s Pride has partnered with us for a fantastic giveaway! One lucky reader will win a Holiday Travel Prize Pack featuring the Probiotic, Herbal Laxative, Ginger Root Supplement, and Peppermint Tea; this prize pack is intended for adults only. To enter, simply follow the easy Giveaway Tools below.
This giveaway will run from Friday, December 12, 2014 through Wednesday, December 17, 2014 at 11:59 PM EST. Please note, this giveaway is open to residents of the United States who are 18 years or older.
Disclosure: Pink Ninja Blogger received the products mentioned above for free for evaluation purposes. Regardless, all opinions expressed are still 100% my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CRF, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials In Advertising.
Disclaimer: Pink Ninja Blogger is not associated with any of the companies named above. No purchase is necessary to enter. Void where prohibited by law. The odds of winning are based on the number of entries received Open to US 18+ only. Confirmed Winner(s) (by Giveaway Tools) will be contacted by email. Winner(s) have 48 hours to respond before a new winner is chosen. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. The sponsor will be responsible for product shipment to winner(s) of this giveaway. My blog is not responsible for product shipment/delivery. This event is in no way administered, sponsored, or endorsed by, or associated with, Facebook and/or Twitter, Google, or Pinterest. This disclosure is done in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission 10 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.