Photo credit: Flickr
The hubby has never been one for holistic anything. He has always been Mr. “Medical Establishment knows best.” I have always been a little more open-minded, and slowly but surely I have won him over. After having some indigestion issues and some anxiety issues, which I help with aromatherapy, I have come to love essential oils and I have won over the hubby. So here are my five favorite uses for essential oils in my life. Or rather, my top five essential oils and what I use them for.
1) Peppermint oil. This is my go to for indigestion. Peppermint anything has long been known as a curative for an upset stomach. Peppermint is an essential oil that can be taken internally (a few drops in a glass of water) or put into your aromatherapy diffuser. You do have an aromatherapy diffuser right? I also use this oil for headaches. A few dabs to the temples and in no time at all the headache stars to ease.
2) Lavender oil. Have trouble sleeping? Get a little anxious in crowds? Yeah, that’s me. Insomnia is a regular thing with me. So some Lavender oil in my diffuser in the bedroom before bedtime helps me relax and sleep. Or if I know I’m going out to a busy store, a few drops in my aromatherapy necklace helps keep me calm.
3) Eucalyptus oil. The hubby gets colds a lot. I get a cold once a year, maybe. The hubby? Eight or nine a year. Eucalyptus oil is great to help relieve his congestion. It can be used in a diffuser or diluted in some water and dabbed in your nose to relieve nasal congestion.
4) Chamomile Oil. Chamomile is not just for tea anymore. I use chamomile oil interchangeably with Lavender for its calming and relaxing effects.
5) Lemon Oil. Lemon oil has a ton of benefits. Its fresh, uplifting scent can help increase alertness and focus. You can use it on your pets to keep away fleas. Use it in natural cleaners. The possibilities are endless. Did I mention how much I love lemon oil!?!?
So now that you know which essential oils to add to your repertoire you need a way to deliver them! I have two favorites. When I am at home I use my AromaSoft Essential Oil Diffuser by Fine Line Living. When I am on the go, I wear one of my AromaWear Necklaces from Fine Line Living.
What I love about my AromaSoft Essential Oil Diffuser is that it is quiet, calming, and blends in to any décor. When my diffuser originally arrived I set it up in my living room and diffused Lemon oil. After a few days of use, I decided to move it into my bedroom as it is compact and sits nicely on my nightstand.
The AromaSoft Diffuser has seven light colors that rotate. With the push of a button I am able to choose from an intermittent mist cycle that runs in 30 second intervals or a continuous mist that will run for hours. As an added bonus, my Fine Line Living diffuser has an auto shut off. This allows me to turn the diffuser on at bedtime with the comfort and knowledge that it will automatically shut off when it senses the water is running low. This has been a great addition to my home and I would welcome the chance to have a second unit.
Something extremely new to me is the Oil Diffuser Necklace. I literally had no idea this type of necklace existed until a friend mentioned it a couple of weeks ago. An oil diffuser necklace is just what you imagine; it is a locket style necklace that allows you to take your essential oils anywhere. Now the proud owner of THREE Oil Diffuser Necklaces, the Elegant Flower, Elegant Heart, and Eye of Knowledge, I can tell you that each necklace comes with 3 micro-weave, washable, absorbent felt pads which allow you to take the scent with you all day long.
These necklaces have been an absolutely godsend. Unfortunately, I suffer from anxiety and there are days when I have a difficult time going out; especially to events that will likely be crowded. Think opening night of a movie, anytime the circus comes to town, a busy shopping mall, a concert or production … the list goes on and on. Since I don’t want to give up going out and about and enjoying life, I have been on the lookout for something that will help.
Enter the Oil Diffuser Necklace! All I do is select a felt pad, which I store in the small zipper baggy that my necklace arrived in, open the locket (necklace) and slide the pad into place, add a few drops of essential oils, close the locket, put it on, and I am on my way. The diffuser literally works all day and as an added bonus, if I have a moment of heightened anxiety, I just lift the necklace a bit closer to my nose and inhale. That may sound strange to some but anyone that suffers from anxiety issues will understand!
The necklaces have been great for me and my social life. They allow me to add an accessory while having a positive impact on my overall emotional state … pretty cool, eh?
Thanks to two great types of product I am able to have my aromatherapy with me, wherever I go.
So I’ll ask again, do you diffuse?
To learn more about the Fine Line Living product line, check out the links below:
Click YouTube to learn how you can get 20% OFF the AromaSoft Essential Oil Diffuser!
~ Oil Diffuser Necklaces ~
Click here to learn how you can take 20% OFF any or all of the Oil Diffuser Necklaces!
BUT WAIT … THERE IS MORE!!!
~ GIVEAWAY ~
Fine Line Living has partnered with Pink Ninja Blogger and some of your favorite bloggers to bring you this awesome giveaway! One (1) lucky reader will win a Fine Line Living Prize Pack including an Ultrasonic Oil Diffuser and one of each of the Necklace Oil Diffusers (Eye of Knowledge, Flower, and Heart). A prize package well over $100!!!
Please note that this giveaway is open to residents of the United States who are 18 years or older.
This giveaway will run through Sunday, April 3, 2016 at 11:59 PM EST.
To enter, simply follow the easy Rafflecopter below.
Be sure to follow us on Facebook so you don’t miss out on any of our giveaways!
Disclaimer: The participating bloggers were not compensated for this post. We are not associated with any of the companies named above. No purchase is necessary to enter. Void where prohibited by law. The odds of winning are based on the number of entries received Open to US 18+ only. Confirmed Winner(s) (by Giveaway Tools) will be contacted by email. Winner(s) have 48 hours to respond before a new winner is chosen. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. The sponsor will be responsible for product shipment to winner(s) of this giveaway. My blog is not responsible for product shipment/delivery. This event is in no way administered, sponsored, or endorsed by, or associated with, Facebook and/or Twitter, Google, or Pinterest. This disclosure is done in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission 10 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.
Disclaimer: I received complimentary product to facilitate this review. Regardless, all opinions and thoughts expressed are still 100% my own. Please note that this post contains affiliate links.