When you think about Valentine’s Day, what do you think about. Roses, Red Hearts, Candy, Chocolate, or the cue little Cupid with a bow and arrow? No matter what you think about in the end it’s love, and doing something that matters for the one you care about. By doing something that matters I mean doing something thoughtful, something that comes from the heart. I have been doing research on what rose colors mean, but we’ll get into that a little later.
When I think about Valentine’s Day I think about my husband, how much I love him, and what I can do for him to let him know I love him more than anything. Valentine’s Day is a great day for couples to remember how much they mean to one another. Let’s face it, regardless of how much we don’t want to admit it. We often tend to forget to let our spouse know how much we care. Between working all day, getting dinner ready at night, giving kids baths, and getting them into bed we often forget how important it is to remind them how much we care.
Have you thought about what you’re getting your spouse or special someone for Valentine’s Day this year? I tend to put it off until last minute, and I feel like I don’t take advantage of the true reason we celebrate Valentine’s Day. This year I’m going to do something really special for my husband. I’ve been browsing roses at My Interflora Creation and found some really great ideas for Valentine’s Day.
There’s plenty of gifts to choose from out there, but what’s something that will really stand out? I have been putting a lot of thought into what I would get my husband this year, I want it to be special and a little different than anything I have given him before. There’s tons of great Valentine’s Day gifts, but nothing really grabbed my attention like the beautiful roses. Then it dawned on me. I have never bought my husband roses.
I know, a guy and flowers. However my husband would love to receive roses from me, I could probably even have them delivered to his work.
I love roses. I have never purchased roses for my husband, this year I want to give him some roses, but want them to say something special. Have you ever wondered what different colors of roses mean? Knowing what the meaning of rose colors are can turn a normal dozen roses into something different, personal, and meaningful. personalize them to say something sweet. I have a list of the meaning of rose colors.
- Red Rose Meaning – The traditional red rose can mean several different things such as; Love, Romance, Respect, Passion, Beauty, and Courage and Respect.
- Dark Red/Burgundy Rose – Unconscious Beauty.
- Pink Rose – Appreciation, Happiness, Grace, Thank You.
- White Rose – Happy Love.
- Dark Pink Rose – Thank You, Gratitude, and Appreciation.
- Light Pink Rose – Sympathy, Gentle, Joy Sweetness, Grace, and Admiration.
- Peach – Closing a Deal, Let’s Get Together, Sincerity, and Appreciation
- Coral – Desire
- Lavender – Enchantment and Love at First Sight
- Orange – Enthusiasm and Fascination
- Black – Goodbye and Death
- Blue – You’ve done the impossible, or unattainable.
- Since Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, here’s a few more fun things that roses can mean.
- Single Red Rose – I Love You.
- Single Rose (other than red) – Simplicity or Gratitude.
- Red Rosebud – This can be a symbol or purity and loveliness
- White Rosebud – This can be a symbol of girlhood.
- Rose without a thorn – Love at first sight.
- Two Roses wrapped around one another can be a way to say “Marry Me”.
- 13 roses can mean you have a secret admirer (not a good idea, lol)
- 11 roses let them know they are loved very much
- Six roses can be the need to be loved.
The roses at Interflora are fabulous and they have this Single Kiss Rose Vase that I love! It will be a nice addition to another gift, yes I have more tricks up my sleeve. The Single Rose is affordable, only $19.99. There’s also these Rainbow Roses that are some of the neatest roses I have never seen. It’s definitely worth checking out. Be sure to check out all the awesome Valentines gift from Interflora, they have much more than just flowers for Valentine’s Day. I was so impressed with their website I had to share it with you. They are based in the U.K., but offer international shipping.