If you’re a work at home mom, you know how many hats you have to wear and how busy and stressful life can be. There are children to take care of, work to be done, a house to clean, and food to cook. There are also likely play dates, trips to the museum and story hour and grocery shopping.
If you need a pick me up, here are a few things you can do to grab a few minutes of me time. These activities are perfect for when the children are napping, watching their favorite show or playing happily.
1. Drink your favorite coffee drink. You don’t have to head out to your favorite coffee shop and drop $4 on your favorite drink. You can make one at home. Just search Pinterest, and you’ll find plenty of ideas.
2. Play a few games on the computer. There are oodles of games built right into your computer like solitaire or mahjong. Or, you can play online against others or yourself. You can even increase the stakes by playing for money. A site like galabingo.com is good for a few minutes of me time.
3. Call a friend. Nothing can help you recharge than catching up with an old friend. Even 15 minutes on the phone can help you recharge and get ready to tackle the rest of your day.
4. Read your favorite blog. Do you have a favorite blog (or two)? Take a few minutes to read them. Even better if they are humorous and can make you laugh. After all, laughter is a great stress reliever.
5. Get silly with the kids. Kids need to release steam sometimes, too. Turn on some fun music and just dance around the room with them. Be as silly as you can. The kids will have fun and so will you.
Being a work at home mom is a hard day. The best thing you can do for your family is make sure you take at least 15 minutes a day to take time for yourself and recharge.