CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES! Like so many others, we spent a lot of our time during the pandemic coming up with ways to keep our daughter entertained, engaged, and as happy as possible during a pandemic lockdown. What that meant was we spent a love of time in the kitchen playing with recipes, baking, and enjoying family game night after family game night. At the start of the lockdown, after I had a slight freakout that we couldn’t go anywhere, as a family, we set out to perfect at least ONE recipe. Truth be told, we came up with some fun recipes that we can’t wait to share with you in the coming days, weeks, months, and *fingers crossed* years! The first on the list was CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES! Friends, we succeeded. Get ready to print, pin, make notes, and spill some butter on the printout of this recipe. This is going to become a family favorite. Trust me!
I like cookies. A lot. I can’t say I have never met a cookie I didn’t like, because I have, but it’s been pretty rare. Chocolate Chip Cookies are at the top of my list. I have made a lot of varieties of chocolate chip cookie, but there is only one that I have made so much that I can make it from memory, and that is my BEST Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe. So without further ado, the best chocolate chip cookie. If you like them soft and chewy, feel free to underbake them for a minute or so.
Yields 18 cookies
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325F
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl
- Combine brown sugar, white sugar and melted butter in the bowl of a stand mixer, beat on medium until combined and smooth
- Add in egg, egg yolk and vanilla, beat until light and creamy
- Slowly add in flour mixture on low until combined
- Add in chocolate chips
- Using ice cream scoop, drop cookie balls onto lined cookie sheet with 2-3 inches of space between
- Bake in preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes or just until the edges are brown.
- Leave on cookie sheet for a few minutes then transfer to wire rack
Pro-Tip: Keep an eye on the bake time. If you want softer cookies you can shave a couple minutes off and you will have soft chewy cookies