So I have to admit I am a fan of the green pan. I have a few. And the latest addition is the 8 inch. For some jobs it is the perfect size. I mean let’s face it; one pan size does not fit all. For a lot of jobs 8 inches is the perfect fit, not too big but not too small. Smaller than 8 inches is too small to be effective. They also have a 10 inch pan, which can be useful at times and a 12 inch pan which is normally just way too big. I mean, who really needs twelve inches? Plus the non-stick coating is just a miracle.
Umm, wait a minute, we’re talking about frying pans? I thought it was something else.
Ok, so when it comes to frying pans, 12 inch pans are good for a lot of things, but there ARE times when you need a smaller frying pan. 12 inch pans are great for frying chicken or bacon, but when you need to fry up a couple eggs or make an omelet or a grilled cheese, an 8 inch pan is perfect. And I really do love the ceramic non-stick coating. By now everyone knows the dangers of Teflon. The harmful fumes that can be emitted if the pan gets left on the burner is scary stuff. The Ozeri Green Earth Pan doesn’t have that same problem. It’s ceramic based non-stick coating from Germany is a lot safer. And let’s face it, when you are dealing with 8 inches, you need a safe effective non-stick coating. Sorry, I veered off a bit there again.
ABOUT 8″ Green Earth Frying Pan by Ozeri
- Ultra-safe ceramic coating from Germany
- One of the world’s first frying pans to achieve non-stick perfection while remaining absolutely free of PTFE, PFOA and other harmful chemicals.
- Even under high temperatures, no harmful toxic fumes are ever released into the environment. This is because the Green Earth Pan utilizes a 100% ceramic coating inspired by nature – not a laboratory.
- Far more durable and scratch-resistant than other non-stick surfaces.
- Allows you to saute, fry, bake, boil and braise with as little as half the amount of oil normally used, and cleaning is a breeze.
- Made of the highest quality die-cast aluminum that allows for even cooking and fantastic browning without hot spots.
- Boasts a magnetized bottom for rapid heat transfer on induction stoves, and a heat resistant silicone coated handle.
- This version of the Green Earth Pan features a textured ceramic cooking surface. The elevations of the textured cooking surface create air pockets which distribute heat underneath food to enhance cooking performance.
PURCHASE 8″ Green Earth Frying Pan by Ozeri
Disclosure: Free product was received to facilitate this review in conjunction with Tomoson.com. Regardless, all opinions expressed are still 100% my own.