We are on a bread pudding kick and always looking for new flavor combinations. We found one!
In the world of culinary delights, few pairings are as heavenly as the combination of white chocolate and pecans. These two ingredients, when harmoniously blended, create a symphony of flavors and textures that are sure to delight your taste buds. Whether you’re a seasoned chef or an amateur in the kitchen, this delightful duo is a match made in culinary heaven. In this blog post, we will explore the delectable marriage of white chocolate and pecans, and how you can incorporate this delightful pairing into various recipes to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Photo by Ksenia Chernaya
The Perfect Pairing: White Chocolate and Pecans – A Delicious Duo
The Sweet Harmony of White Chocolate and Pecans
Before we dive into the mouthwatering recipes, let’s take a closer look at what makes the combination of white chocolate and pecans so irresistibly delicious.
Photo by Anete Lusina
White Chocolate: A Creamy Delight
White chocolate, often considered the lighter sibling of traditional chocolate, is made from cocoa butter, sugar, and milk solids. The absence of cocoa solids in white chocolate gives it its characteristic ivory color and a distinct, sweet, and creamy flavor. White chocolate’s mild sweetness serves as an excellent foil to the nutty richness of pecans.
Pecans: Nutty Goodness
Pecans, on the other hand, are a variety of tree nut known for their rich, buttery flavor and distinctive crescent shape. They are often hailed for their high nutritional value, being a good source of healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals. When toasted, pecans develop a wonderful nutty aroma and an even richer flavor, making them an ideal complement to white chocolate.
The Marriage of Flavors
When white chocolate and pecans come together, it’s a match made in flavor heaven. The creamy sweetness of white chocolate perfectly balances the natural nutty richness of pecans. The subtle vanilla undertones in white chocolate enhance the overall flavor profile, creating a harmonious and delightful taste that can be enjoyed in a variety of ways.
White Chocolate and Pecans: A Perfect Pair in Baking
Now that we’ve established why white chocolate and pecans are a match made in culinary heaven, let’s explore how you can incorporate this delectable pairing into your baking endeavors.
The combination of white chocolate and pecans is a match made in dessert heaven. Whether you choose to bake cookies, brownies, muffins, or blondies, the creamy sweetness of white chocolate and the nutty goodness of pecans create a harmonious flavor and texture that is sure to please your palate. Experiment with these delightful recipes and savor the magic that happens when these two ingredients come together in sweet symphony. So, grab your apron, get in the kitchen, and start creating these delectable treats to indulge in the perfect pairing of white chocolate and pecans. Your taste buds will thank you for it!
In celebration of the perfect combination, we are excited to share our White Chocolate Pecan Bread Pudding with Whiskey Cream Sauce recipe with you. Perfect for cooler weather and the upcoming holidays, this one will be a family favorite in no time.
White Chocolate Pecan Bread Pudding with Whiskey Cream Sauce
BREAD PUDDING ~ WHAT YOU NEED
White Chocolate Chips
CREAM SAUCE ~ WHAT YOU NEED
WHAT YOU DO
In a medium size bowl, beat eggs with a mixer for about 3 minutes, add sugar and milk and continue beating for 1 more minute. Use your whisk attachment and set the mixer on low and move to medium. Place cubed bread in a large bowl and pour the egg and milk mixture over bread. Mix milk mixture with bread until evenly incorporated. Let the bread sit and soak for about 15 minutes.
While waiting, chop pecans into small bits.
Heat and melt butter in a small pan, add brown sugar, pecans and cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes to coat pecans with butter and brown sugar.
I forgot to take pictures while cooking the sauce. I’m sooo sorry! Let me just say, my kitchen smelled AMAZING! To serve, pour hot cream sauce over or around each serving piece of bread pudding.
Ingredients for white chocolate pecan bread pudding:
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup Sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 6 cups French Bread (half of a loaf), sliced or torn
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
Cream sauce ingredients:
- 2 oz butter (½ stick)
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ⅛ cup Whiskey
- ¼ cup chocolate liqueur
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- Place pecans on a prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. This will bring out the flavor of the pecans.
- Prepare bread by cutting it into small cubes. Do this until you have 6 full cups of bread cubes.
- In a medium size bowl, beat eggs with a mixer for about 3 minutes, add sugar and milk and continue beating for 1 more minute. Use your whisk attachment and set the mixer on low and move to medium.
- Place cubed bread in a large bowl and pour the egg and milk mixture over bread. Mix milk mixture with bread until evenly incorporated.
- Let the bread sit and soak for about 15 minutes.
- While waiting, chop pecans into small bits.
- After 15 minutes, stir in white chocolate chips and mix all ingredients well so that they are evenly distributed.
- Heat and melt butter in a small pan, add brown sugar, pecans and cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes to coat pecans with butter and brown sugar.
- Grease a 9x13 casserole pan. Pour bread mixture into the pan, the mixture will still have quite a lot of liquid, not all of it will be absorbed by bread – this is normal.
- Sprinkle brown sugar and pecan mixture over the top of bread pudding.
- Bake in the oven for about 50 minutes or until nicely browned and golden crust forms on top. The pudding will rise to the top of the pan towards the end of the baking process – this is normal.
- Remove from oven, let it cool uncovered.
Whiskey Cream Sauce:
- Mix all the ingredients for cream sauce in a small pan and bring them to boil, stirring well. Boil for about 5 minutes until the mixture begins to foam and rise. At this point, remove from heat.
- To serve, pour hot cream sauce over or around each serving piece of bread pudding.