Do you like Mac and Cheese? Not something that comes out of a box. I mean REAL mac and cheese. The kind of ooey-gooey, creamy, cheesy mac and cheese like Mom used to make? Well, not my mom, but I hear some moms used to make things from scratch. I personally love mac and cheese, and with the Mealthy Multipot it is now so easy to make that I could literally have it every day. So how do you make real mac and cheese that is so super good and easy that you too could make it every day? Read on and I will tell you.
You start off with some simple ingredients: Elbow Macaroni (or rotini, that might be fun), Heavy Whipping Cream, some cheese, mustard powder, salt, pepper and water. Throw the salt, pepper and macaroni in the Mealthy Multipot and mix it all up. Close up the Multipot and set it for 4 minutes on High pressure.
When the timer goes off, let it natural release for 10 minutes. That means let the pressure slowly reduce for 10 minutes before you open the vent then manual release. Stir your perfectly cooked macaroni up, add about 1/4 of the cream and all the mustard powder. Stir thoroughly and then mix in 1/4 of the cheese. Repeat this cycle until all the cream and cheese is incorporated and you have a melty cheesy batch of Mac and Cheese. It’s really that simple. Literally as easy as making it from a box, but soooo much better. So, get your Mealthy Multipot today and start cooking. You will be surprised at how much easier it is to create delicious home cooked recipes in soooo much less time.
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tsp mustard powder
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 8 ounces mild cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 8 ounces swiss cheese (shredded)
- 4 ounces Parmesan cheese (shredded)
- Add macaroni, water, salt and pepper to MultiPot and stir to mix.
- Close lid, close vent. Set to High pressure for 4 minutes.
- When finished cooking, let Multipot natural pressure release for 10 minutes
- Stir cooked macaroni.
- Stir in mustard powder.
- Pour in about 1/4 of the heavy cream, stir to mix.
- Stir in about 1/4 of the cheese, stir to mix.
- Continue to alternate heavy cream and cheese, about 1/4 of each, until all cream and cheese is incorporated. You can turn on Saute if you need more heat to continue the melting process, but watch out for scorching.
- Once all cheese is incorporated, turn off MultiPot and serve.
Disclaimer: The reviewer was provided with the product in exchange for this review, however all opinions are my own.