The hubby thinks my nickname should be Bane. Not because I look anything like the evil villain from Batman, but because I am the bane of all things electronic. Phones, computers, TVs, you name it, it hates me. Works great for the hubby, not for me.
Why do I bring this up you ask? Because I am once again on the hunt for a new cell phone. I won’t name names on what brand I currently own, but let’s just say it is going fast. The battery doesn’t last, it takes terrible pictures, and overall it’s just (to coin a phrase the hubby likes to use) “meh.”
So rather than wander over to my local “I’m going to rip you off celluar provider’s” local store I decided to wander into Best Buy to see what they have and saw the new LG G4 Smartphone. It doesn’t hurt that they are currently offering a $100 Best Buy® Gift Card when you purchase the LG G4! 😉
Where to start? For one thing, it has a replaceable battery. That’s huge to me. I don’t know if anyone else has noticed the trend to make the battery permanent in newer smartphones (or forever if you’re Apple), but I don’t like that. Guess what? Batteries don’t last. I want to be able to get a new one and switch it out. You know what else is replaceable? The memory card. Along with 32GB of internal storage it comes with a micro SD slot so I can expand the phone storage as much as I want. Again, this is something I like compared to the recent trend of not having these features. It is also designed to fit comfortably in my hand. Unlike the rectangular brick I currently own, it actually has a nice ergonomic feel with a gently curved design.
What else you say? Let’s talk camera. I need to be able to take quick good idiot proof pictures. I’m not going to get into all the technical stuff, mostly because I’m not a camera geek and I don’t understand it, but the end result is a camera that focuses super fast due to its improved laser auto focus thingy and takes great pictures in low light because of some aperture doohickey. And when I’m on a coffee bender and super jittery, optical image stabilization to my rescue! On the other hand, if you are a perfectionist like the hubby and want complete control over all aspects of the picture taking process the camera also has a manual mode with a plethora of settings to control your shots (and yes El Guapo, I know what a plethora is).
And last but not least, the screen, with a large 5.5 inch IPS Quantum Display. Now I don’t know what an IPS Quantum Display is, but it sure sounds cool. And it looks even cooler than it sounds. It has a nice bright display that I can view under all kinds of lighting with incredible contrast.
Now, I just need to get an armored case before the hubby will let me touch it.
About the LG G4
- f/1.8 aperture for impressive performance in low light situations
- Manual mode with 15 settings and over 135 options for photo enthusiast level control over how photos are captured
- Improved Laser Auto Focus so you’re always ready to capture the moment
- 16MP rear facing camera and an 8MP front facing camera for high quality photos and selfies
- Improved Optical Image Stabilization steadies the shot for sharp, focused images
- RAW image file capture for the highest possible image quality
- Cutting edge 5.5” IPS Quantum Display for an outstanding visual experience
- 25% brighter display* for an enhanced viewing experience in various lighting conditions
- 50% improvement in contrast* for richer images
- Quad HD resolution with 538 PPI for incredible detail
- Genuine leather, metallic and ceramic style back covers for a premium look and feel
- Fits in the palm of your hand with a gentle curved design for ergonomic comfort
- Upgradable memory up to 2TB with micro SD card and a replaceable high capacity 3,000mAh battery
For additional information about the LG G4, check out their website before heading to a Best Buy near you.
Disclaimer: The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free.