My daughter is almost five. Fortunately she listens to everything the hubby and I say. She picks up her toys when she’s done playing with them. She comes home from school and hangs up her coat and book bag. She always eats well, dresses herself, and is kind and courteous and not selfish. I am also the queen of France, own most of Montana and have a bridge I would like to sell you.
Since I’m sure everyone else that has a 4 or 5 year old has a similar perfect angel at home, you probably won’t be very interested in this review. To be honest, I had an extremely hard time figuring out how this product would be applicable to my little darling or how I would apply it in real life, but in the end I found a small niche or two where I could use it.
So what am I talking about? My Growing Up Chart from the Victoria Chart Company. This is a handy, cute and functional reward chart aimed right at my daughter. You start by picking a task that your child needs to work on. It comes with 10 pre-printed task stickers and 6 blank task stickers. Put them on the chart, talk it over, and explain the concept to your child and away you go. When your child successfully completes a task, they can earn a sticker. After a certain number of stickers they can earn a reward. This feeds into a child’s need for positive reinforcement and their love of stickers. And let’s face it, anytime you have stickers and kids and it doesn’t involve them ending up on your TV, it’s already a win.
ABOUT THE MY GROWING UP CHART
- Large reward chart with re-usable stickers
- Encourages positive behavior, achievement, and development in children age 4+
- Customizable to child’s individual needs
- Large Wall Chart (11”x25”) to hang
- 10 x Activity Stickers for: I enjoyed school, I’ve been kind to someone, I dressed myself, I practiced my reading, I’ve eaten my food, I practiced my math, I’ve written and drawn, I practiced my spellings, I’ve been good at bedtime, and I’ve been polite.
- 6 x Blank Activity Stickers: customizable to the individual needs of your child.
- 240 Colored, 1-20 Stickers designed to help with learning colors and counting.
- 84 Gold ‘Great Job’ Star Stickers for when child does exceptionally well.
- Supportive Information Sheet with practical examples, tips, and guidelines to help you and your child get the best results from your chart.
- Sticky mounting pads and a dry-erase marker.
Click HERE to PURCHASE the My Growing Up Reward Chart: Tool for Children in Elementary School
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.