What’s the best way to drive traffic to my blog? How to get more traffic to my blog? These are all question anyone with a website wants answered. We all love traffic and want more of it. Honestly I don’t know if there’s an answer to this question. Everyone’s blog is different so it’s hard to say. Just because one way drive traffic for me doesn’t mean it’s going to work for you.
However there are tons of ways to get more traffic to your blog or website, now its time for you to figure out what’s going to work best for you. My advice is to pick a few different methods and give them a whirl, find what works best for you. Don’t be afraid to try something new.
Here’s some tips I have come up with on how to get more traffic to your blog or website.
- Hold a contest for your readers. Use social networks to promote your event such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc. You can also post your giveaway on sites that list events. Search for places to list your giveaway and list away. Contest, events, and giveaways are good ways to get more traffic to your blog. It’s fast, easy but often not consistent unless you plan on rewarding your readers with giveaways constantly.
- Post frequently, don’t post once every other day, then wait two weeks to post. Post consistently, give your readers something new and fresh to read.
- Submit your blog to search engines such as Google, Bing, etc.
- Submit your content to social bookmarking websites such as, StumbleUpon, Digg, Riddet, etc. There’s a ton of them out there, StumbleUpon has been one that works well for me.
- Have a ways for readers to follow you. Get a Facebook fan page, Twitter account, Google +, and Pinterest. Give your readers a way to follow you blog.
- Keep your blog nice, too many ads and affiliate links can turn readers away. Keep it nice, clean and readable.
- Have ways for readers to share your posts by installing social bookmarking plug-in such as Shareaholic.
- Submit your blog to free directories, the more places your site is listed the better.
- Guest posts, allow guest posts on your blog.
- Link to other bloggers articles, if you run into something you think is great tell your readers about it.
- FREEBIES, tell people about free stuff, give out free stuff. People love anything free.
- Link your blog to your social networks. Every time you submit a new post have it automatically post to Facebook and Twitter so readers know it’s there.
- Learn how to make your posts search engine friendly or use a SEO plug-in. If you’re a WordPress user there’s plenty of plug-ins. I personally use Yoast.
- Let people know about your blog. Shoot out an email to family and friends letting them know how to find your blog.
- Write and submit articles to directories.
- Write something people want to read. People enjoy reading well written and thought out material. Check your spelling, sure we all make mistakes here and there but it’s a huge turn off if there’s always misspelled words.
- Remember the more articles you write, the better chances you have for ranking with multiple keywords.
- Write guest posts on other blogs. Look for blogs that allow guest posts and ask to submit an article. People may read your article and want to check out everything else your blog has to offer.
- Participate in communities. There are tons of communities our there find one that fits your blogs niche and get busy taking part in discussions.
- Don’t stop writing, building a following doesn’t happen overnight, it takes time. Be patient and keep writing.
There’s numerous ways to help get more traffic to your blog, it takes time to figure out what works for you. I suggest starting with social networks, they’re probably something you’re going to want to keep linked to your blog along the way. Facebook is a wonderful way to put your name out there and get people to follow your blog.
The best advice I can offer is be patient. You cannot get more traffic to your blog overnight, it takes time and a lot of hard work. When I first began blogging with my first blog, Jenn’s Blah Blah Blog traffic couldn’t come fast enough. I tried everything, if I have learned anything it’s be patient and work hard the rest will come. If you’re a dedicated blogger everything will fall into place.
What are ways you get more traffic to your blog or website! I know there’s endless ways to help get more traffic! I would love to hear what others are doing!