Ahh, it’s that time of year again. Bang Bang Shrimp is in the air. The bright colors of Spaghetti Squash are falling from the trees. And the scent of Coconut pie is all around.
Haha, did you think I was going to talk about Fall? Gotcha. While it’s true that I love Fall, it’s time to revisit one of my favorite restaurants. Bonefish Grill. I won’t lie, I’m a huge Bonefish fanatic and going there has become something of a family tradition. When we know we’re going, we use it almost as effectively as Santa Claus to get the little one to straighten up and act right.
First off, points to our server, who actually remembered us and greeted us when we sat down. He must have a photographic memory or something. But we were there to sample the always wonderful food. Now the hubby is a huge fan of the Bang Bang Shrimp. But technically we were there to check out the fall menu. So we looked to our server who pointed us at the Saucy Shrimp. It did not disappoint. Normally the hubby and the kid manage to devour the Bang Bang Shrimp before I can touch it, but this time I managed to fend them off long enough to get a decent sample myself. The shrimp were cooked perfectly and the lime tomato garlic sauce (get it? Saucy shrimp?) did not overpower and complemented perfectly.
So on to the main course. I was intrigued by the Swordfish with Pumpkin Ravioli. I’m not sure how to describe “Yum”. It’s kind of hard to articulate beyond that. I know that if I was on the next food network star I would probably get yelled at by the judges for not being able to accurately describe the flavor of what I’m eating beyond “Oh my god that is good” and “mmmmmm, yummy” and “OMG you have to try this”. The hubby just kind of looked at me and took the proffered bite and said, “yeah, that is pretty damn yummy.”
The hubby on the other hand went with Fish and Chips. Yes, you heard me right. Fish and Chips. The classic of English Pubs everywhere. As he explained it, “I know they do fancy fish stuff awesome, but I want to see how well they do a simple dish like Fish and Chips.” Let me tell you, they do it awesome as well. Crispy batter and flaky fish, perfectly seasoned with a yummy tartar sauce.
And finally after we were full, it was time to put the final finishing touch on the meal. Dessert. The hubby of course went with the coconut pie. I must say he was just a tad bit miffed when we went on a previous visit and found out it was not on the menu. Almost broke down crying. He is a fan of all things coconut. You would think that the angels had just delivered a message when he saw it was back. My daughter and I went with the Macadamia Nut Brownie. This might possibly be my daughter’s favorite thing ever. And it lived up to its usual spectacularness. Yes, that’s a word. I just made it up. Don’t worry, it will be in the dictionary before long, and with it will be a picture of Bonefish Grill.
Stop in to Bonefish Grill for the Fall Menu before all the leaves are gone and the snow steps in to play. We’ll be back to share our next adventure at Bonefish and just hope the Coconut Pie is still available!
BUT WAIT … THERE IS MORE!
Not participating in Trick-or-Treat but still looking for some fun this Halloween weekend? Bonefish Grill has you covered!
Trick-or-treat give me something good to eat. Bonefish Grill is offering a Hooked on Halloween three-course menu for those looking to skip the ghouls and ghosts and enjoy an evening out.
The Hooked on Halloween menu features three generous courses starting at $14.90. Each dish is served with a fresh salad and perfectly finished with a choice of signature dessert including Jen’s Jamaican Coconut Pie, Classic Cheesecake or Macadamia Nut Brownie. Culinary forward and unique combinations on the special menu (from both land and sea) usually served only on Tuesday include:
- Atlantic Salmon — 6 oz. grilled to perfection + topped with your choice of a signature sauce, fresh side + seasonal vegetable
- Spicy Tuna Bowl — Premium sushi grade, sesame-seared rare, avocado, sweet chile sauce, jasmine rice + passion fruit salsa
- The Angler’s Sirloin Steak — 6 oz. center cut sirloin served with choice of fresh side + seasonal vegetable
- Ahi Tuna Steak — 6 oz. grilled to perfection + topped with your choice of a signature sauce, fresh side + seasonal vegetable
- Cold Water Lobster Tail — 5-6 oz. lobster tail, seasoned and steamed, served with warm drawn butter + crispy Yukon gold potatoes
- Fontina Pork Chop — Boneless pork chop, fontina cheese, garlic, prosciutto, mushroom Marsala wine sauce
- Sea Scallops + Shrimp— Jumbo shrimp and scallops + topped with your choice of a signature sauce, fresh side + seasonal vegetable
- Pecan Parmesan Crusted Rainbow Trout — Artichoke hearts, fresh basil + lemon butter
- Filet Mignon — USDA center cut 6 oz. served with choice of fresh side + seasonal vegetable
If you haven’t been to Bonefish Grill lately NOW is the time!
CONNECT WITH BONEFISH GRILL
Disclaimer: I was provided with a gift card to Bonefish Grill to facilitate my review. Regardless, all opinions expressed are 100% my own.